About HeatSmart Belmont
Learn more about the team organizing HeatSmart Belmont
HeatSmart Belmont is a community-based, volunteer-led, clean heating and cooling initiative to help residents and businesses improve home comfort, lower their energy bills, and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Similar to the Belmont Goes Solar and Belmont Drives Electric campaigns, HeatSmart is a grassroots program driven by a group of volunteer Belmont residents.
Heating and cooling accounts for around 75% of the average Massachusetts home energy bill and over 40% of Belmont’s greenhouse gas emissions. HeatSmart Belmont promotes the adoption of advanced air source heat pumps to help reduce these emissions.
HeatSmart Belmont offers:
- A competitively-selected, highly-qualified installer, Muirfield Mechanical Services
- Transparent and competitive pricing
- A clear, low-hassle process for accessing state or local rebates and financing
- Events where residents can meet the installer, get questions answered, and learn more about HeatSmart Belmont and clean heating and cooling technologies
- Open houses with homeowners who have already installed heat pumps
HeatSmart will be a win-win-win for everyone involved:
- Residents and businesses will get access to competitively priced energy-saving air source heat pumps, a technology that enhances comfort year-round, lowers greenhouse gas emissions, and can lower energy costs.
- The town of Belmont will reduce its community greenhouse gas emissions, helping it move toward its Climate Action Plan goal of an 80% reduction in emissions by 2050.
- Electrifying home heating gives you the opportunity to use on-site or regionally-derived renewable electricity to heat your home. Electrification also keeps your heating dollars in town, supporting Belmont’s community-owned electric utility, Belmont Light, instead of sending those dollars out of state and overseas.
HeatSmart Belmont is part of the HeatSmart Mass Program supported by the Massachusetts Clean Energy Center and the Massachusetts Department of Energy Resources.
Questions? Please contact: James Booth, HeatSmart Coach at HeatSmartBelmont@gmail.com
Muirfield Mechanical Services LLC was originally established in 1963 as MacDonald Plumbing and Heating. Since its early days the company has continued to pride itself on customer satisfaction along with superior work. The present day services ranging from responding to emergency no heat calls to providing state of the art energy reducing HVAC systems using the latest technology.
At Muirfield Mechanical Services, we specialize in solutions for the replacement of inefficient heating and cooling systems with the best energy efficient equipment available. Along with providing the best energy efficient equipment, Muirfield Mechanical ensures the customer receives the maximum amount of rebates and tax credits offered. Muirfield Mechanical Services is also a proud member of the Better Business Bureau and achieving its highest customer satisfaction award. Muirfield has also received the Angie's List Super Service Award for 5 years running in recognition of our commitment to customer service.
Muirfield Mechanical is a leading installer of air source heat pumps in Massachusetts. Muirfield installs hundreds of high-efficiency, cold-climate systems every year, including ductless minisplits, central heat pumps, and hybrid/dual fuel systems. Muirfield Mechanical’s experience and dedication to quality installations and ongoing training are represented in their certification as a Mitsubishi Diamond Elite Dealer and Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer. In addition Muirfield has 24 hour service and BPI certified project managers on staff who can identify your HVAC and energy needs correctly.
About the HeatSmart Team
HeatSmart Belmont is being organized by volunteers across the community with support from the Town of Belmont and Belmont Light.
The Town of Belmont is committed to helping deliver clean, cost-effective home heating and cooling to the "Town of Homes.”
Belmont Light has been delivering safe, reliable electric service to the Belmont community since 1898 by embracing new technology and providing outstanding customer service.